Saturday 14 June 2008

Taste of Little Italy... Parliamo italiano?


Parliamo italiano???

Io sono italiana ma io non parlo niente l’italino. Io parlo l’espagnole e l’englese
Ma me piace molto mangiare la pasta e la pizza.
Io quero parlare esta bella lingua.


I went to “The Taste of Little Italy” Festival last Friday. The Italian community is very big in Toronto and they have they own distinctive area in the intersection of Bathurst and College Street.

I was born in Argentina, in Santiago del Estero. But my great grand parents were born in Italy. Since this country considers that Italian is the one who has Italian blood, I am Italian too. I got the double citizenship last year. So, now I am Santiaguenia, Argentinean and Italian.

However, I feel a little ashamed when I say that I can’t speak a single word in Italian. In fact, I studied Italian one year but it is not enough, I know. However, I love Italian culture; I love pizza, pasta and the tarantella. Hahaha. Moreover, my favourite films is Italian. I can watch again and again “Cinema Paradiso”, “Il Postino” and “La vitta e bella” with the famous phrase "Buongiorno Princepessa”.


I would love to visit the city where my great grand parents were born. One day I will go to Italy but from now just take a look at “Little Italy” and its Festival in Toronto.


College St and Bathurst St: The part of the city when you can feel like being in Italy.
Without doubt, the world is living in Toronto

The street sign has the colours of this country


An Italian Chorus
An Italian Restaurant

Walking through "La Bella Italia"

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin