Tuesday 3 June 2008

Sex and the City = Cinderella



















I went to the cinema to see “Sex and the City”. It is a box office here. I don’t know when is arriving to Argentina but If you want to see the movie don’t read this article because I am going to tell you the end.

I haven’t seen the TV Show. I saw just one or two chapters but the series was so famous and worldwide well known that you might have heard about it at least once. I did and so I went to see the movie.

I was surprised in a good way. It is a romantic comedy that highlights the complexity of human relationships especially in love and friendship.

‘Life is difficult”, said Mr Scott Peck in his book “The Road Less Traveled”. Life is difficult because it is full of troubles and the act of confronting these troubles is painful.
Love is difficult and painful too. However, as well as life, love is not only full of pain but also full of joy. In the moment it hurts, you learn because “those things that hurt, instruct. In the moment it is enjoyable, you are happy.

The movie’s plot moves from joy to pain. And in the moment, the actress is lost, her friends are there to help her showing us that friendship is one the most important thing in life.

It was a nice movie. A bit long but good to see, especially at the end which reminds us that there is a man looking for us with a shoe in his hand like Cinderella and its prince. And it fitted!

Even the most modern girl in the most cosmopolitan city of the world still believes in fairy tales.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin