Sunday 22 June 2008

I will miss Toronto too...7 days remaining... What a mixed feeling...



I miss Argentina. I miss my family, friends, apartment… However, in 7 days from now I will be missing Toronto too. How Can I explain how I feel? It’s so difficult…

I hate to say good bye. That always makes me feel sad. I prefer to say “See you soon” or “We will meet again soon”, instead. At least, there is a little space for hope in those two phrases.

Someone told me that “No feast in life lasts for ever”…or “when a door shuts, there is a window that opens”… or “after an arrival there is a new departure”…

I don’t know… Toronto has been so kind to me. Its people, its places, its languages… not its weather… I will miss speaking in English everyday, I will miss riding the TTC and reading the Metro Newspaper, and I will miss taking a cup of tea at Tim Hortons or Starbucks…

There is a phrase that always makes me feel better when I am in this situation and I repeat it many times to myself…

“Don’t be sad because it’s over; be happy because it happened to you”.

Toronto, see you soon... I’ll be back (someday)

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin