Thursday 5 June 2008

Keep Smiling...



“Keep smiling and remember to choose to be happy!”

This is the advice Esther gave to me before leaving her home. Keep smiling. My mom always says the same.

The smile is the most powerful tool a human being has. Smiles open doors, smiles open hearts, smiles connect people.

I am going to tell you what happened to me today. I was walking in the street in my way to the subway station… Every time I walk, I think … sometimes I think too much and that is a problem… But sometimes I think trying to make my thoughts clearer…. Anyway, I was walking in the street and one of my thoughts made me smile… My smile might have been so bright that one person, who was walking in the opposite way (in front of me), stopped me and he said: “Thank you for your smile. It’s the first smile I have seen in the whole day and now you make my day happier”

I was surprised. I didn’t know what to reply…. I just said “Thanks”, I kept smiling and continued my way… Then, I realized how one smile can make a big change in someone's life.

And when I was writing this, I found this quotation:

“Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day.

Today, my day has had meaning because of one smile.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin