Thursday 19 June 2008

Glendon Campus...It's feels like "I'm still a York Student"

Glendon Campus Main Entrance
==========================

I went to visit York University Glendon Campus today. It brought me so good memories. I will always feel as a York University Student and I will always be grateful to it because of the opportunity it gave me.

I wanted to know this campus before I go back to my country. I have only ten days more here L. I studied at Keeles Campus, in the northbound of Toronto. Steels and Keele Street. But Glendon Campus it is located in the other side of the city. Not in the west but in the east, near Saint Lawrence Subway Station and it is completely different. It looks likes an “oasis” of peace and beauty in the middle of the city.

Glendon Campus was the first Campus of York University that is why it is so important. It is full of story. It is where the entire story began. It was officially opened in 1966 and the guest of honour was the Prime Minister Lester B. Pearson (someday I will write about him). The land where Glendon Campus is situated belonged to Edwards Rogers Woods, a business man, exotic trees collector and education passionate. He donated this property to York University in the 1950s.

Glendon Campus is a beautiful natural setting with an elegant mansion in its centre. It is full of green colour, peace and serenity. Without doubt, the best environment to study and create you career.

Comparing with Keele’s Campus, Glendon Campus is small. However, this characteristic make it more personalized, in others words, the relationship between students and professor is closer. And there is another important thing to highlight about Glendon: it is a bilingual campus: French is spoken as well as English.

Now, let’s take a look… I am going to be your tour guide. Enjoy the view. Look at my pictures below.

==========================

"Tomorrow leaders excel in an inspiring setting. Choose you own direction"


York Hall
Glendon Hall
Rose Garden

Leslie Frost Library
Wood Residence

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin