Sunday 25 May 2008

Walk Euge Walk!


Green Line: Danforth- Bloor
From Main Street to Spadina: 1 hour and a half by foot.

It was a long Sunday and I am sick again. Sore throat. I have sore throat three or four times a year…this is the second time. Fortunately, I have the medication that my mom gave me: “Amoxicilina”, “Paracetamol” and “Cafiaspirina”. The worst part about sore throat is that it steals all your energy and makes you sleep a lot.

I slept until noon today. Then I wrote in my blog, I watched TV and I read. But around 5 o’clock I was bored. Nice day outside and me inside…Well, I needed some movement, so I went to the supermarket to buy the food that I will eat during the week: cereal, milk, ham, yogurt, jam, apples and oranges. At 7 ‘o clock my purchases were finished, except for the sweetener that I couldn’t find in the supermarket so, I needed to go to another one. I went and I bought it. With the box of sweetener in my backpack I wondered “What will I do now?”. The answer was easy: I’ll walk.

My mom always say “don’t go to the gym and don’t exercise when you are sick”. Yes .. I know mom, but I was so bored and I started to get homesick that I decided to go for a walk. This time the Green Line, not the yellow.

I started at Main Street Subway Station at 7:15 pm and I finished in Spadina Station at 8:45 pm. It usually takes you 20 minutes by subway but it took me one hour and a half by foot. I didn’t take pictures and I didn’t stop anywhere because my trekking was unplanned. However, I can tell you that from Greenwood Station to Chester it is a beautiful sightseeing walk. There is the Greek Area in the middle with a lot of pubs, restaurants and young people.

When I was coming back home (by subway) I was thinking about why I like enjoy walking so much and I remembered the movie “Forest Gump”: Run Forest Run!!! Hahaha…Walk Euge Walk!!! Hahaha.. Sometimes, there is no reason…you just run or you just walk.

:o)

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin