Tuesday 6 May 2008

Pink Newspaper...




Have you ever read a pink newspaper? I have!

This morning when I was walking in the subway station, I was shocked when I saw “The Metro” in colour pink. All its pages were colourful. All the pages were pink!

The Metro is the free daily newspaper in Canada. It could be the equivalent to “La Razon” in Buenos Aires, but on the contrary to “La Razon”, the Metro is distributed in the morning, not in the afternoon.

What has happened? I wondered. At the begging, I though it was a printing mistake. I have been working for a magazine and I know how important it is the printing company in this type of business.

A printing mistake, I thought. Someone might have made a mistake with the ink balance. I took one newspaper and I kept on my way.

When I got into the train and sat down, I started reading and I found out what had happened.

I was not a mistake! It was a campaign!

The Metro joined the fight against breast cancer by turning its pages into pink. Pink is the colour that symbolize this cause.




===================================

Metro is joining the fight against breast cancer by thinking pink.Today, Metro is distributing its 815,000 papers from coast to coast on special pink newsprint. Five per cent of the advertising revenues from today’s edition will be donated to the Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation, the leading national volunteer-based organization in Canada dedicated to eliminating breast cancer.As Canada’s No. 1 free daily newspaper, with a high readership of young women, Metro is enthusiastic about contributing to this worthy cause.“Going pink is our small way of participating in this initiative,” said Bill McDonald, Group Publisher of Metro English Canada.
http://www.metronews.ca/toronto/canada/article/49106


================================



Look at the colour of the paper!



I have never seen something like that before. I think it is an amazing idea. May be sometime in Argentina we could do something like that, too.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin