Tuesday 13 May 2008

A bit of thought in my cup of tea...


I like tea. Every day I drink at least one cup of tea. Today I went to Starbucks, one of the most popular coffee shops in Toronto. I needed to relax and charged my batteries, so I bought a cup and I sat in a comfortable chair to see the people walking around. When I looked at my cup, I realized that something was written in it:
"The Way I See It # 141"*

And I read it:

“I used to feel so alone in the city. All these gazillions of people and then me, on the outside.
Because how do you meet a new person? I was very stumped by this for many years. And then I realized, you just say “Hi”. They may ignore you. Or you may marry them. And that possibility is worth that one word: Hi.”

Augusten Burroughs (Author)


Nice, isn’t it ? May be the next person you say Hi can be your wife or husband or may be not... but at least there is one possibility....
================================


* STARBUCKS “The way I see it” is a collection of thoughts, opinions and expressions provided by notable figures that now appear on Starbucks widely shared cups.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin