Tuesday 18 March 2008

Canadian Values



Miren esta publicidad. Es un comercial de cerveza que exalta la cultura canadiense y la separa y diferencia de la estadounidense. Dicen que este comercial marco tendencia.

These are the lines of the commercial:

Hey.
I'm not a lumberjack,
or a fur trader...
and I don't live in an igloo
or eat blubber, or own a dogsled...
and I don't know Jimmy, Sally or Suzy from Canada,
although I'm certain they're really, really nice.

I have a Prime Minister,
not a President.
I speak English and French,
NOT American.
and I pronouce it ABOUT,
NOT “A BOOT”.

I can proudly sew my country's flag on my backpack.
I believe in peace keeping, NOT policing.
DIVERSITY, NOT assimilation,
AND THAT THE BEAVER IS A TRULY PROUD AND NOBLE ANIMAL.
A TOQUE IS A HAT,
A CHESTERFIELD IS A COUCH,
AND IT IS PRONOUCED 'ZED' NOT 'ZEE', 'ZED'!

CANADA IS THE SECOND LARGEST LANDMASS!
THE FIRST NATION OF HOCKEY!
AND THE BEST PART OF NORTH AMERICA!

MY NAME IS JOE!AND I AM CANADIAN

==============================

I am Canadian was the slogan of the Molson Breweries from 2000 until 2005. It was also the subject of an extremely popular ad campaign centred around Canadian nationalism, the most famous examples of which are "The Rant" and "The Anthem". The ads aired in both Canada and the United States. In 2005, shortly after Molson's merger with American brewer Coors, Molson announced that it was retiring the "I am Canadian" slogan.

Source: WIKIPEDIA

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin