Tuesday 25 March 2008

English Phrases that I like


English Phrases that I like

Move your body and your heart will follow. This message was written in the mirrow of a fitness clothes store at Promenade Mall.

Emotion is motion. My brother Leandro taught me that phrase long time ago.

Have a healthy day. This message was written at the end of the bill at the Women Fitness Center, the gym that I joined.

Have a wonderful day. I heard this message in Mary’s answer machine. Mary is Guillermo’s ant. Guillermo is my brother’s friend. He was also “my boss” in MERCADO FITNESS. He is my friend, too. He is also a kind of big brother to me. But Leo, please, do not be jealous, you are still my first brother in my brother’s list :)

Blind leading blind. This is a phrase that Zev said to me when he was explaining me what he thinks about the process of teaching and learning to play golf. If you are not sure about something, you can not teach it. Otherwise, it would be a “blind leading blind” matter. It sounded funny to me.

If you want to learn to play golf, you will need PRACTICE and PATIENCE. Zev told me that in our conversation about Golf. Now, I am thinking in practicing this sport. It sounds very interesting. Zev transmits passion when he talks about it.

It is all about PRACTICE!. What would you need to do to improve in life? JUST PRACTICE! This is the favourite phrase of Kristina Laperle, my teacher in level 5a. Now, it is one of my favourite phrases too.

No matter how SMART you are, you can still do STUPID things. This was a Zev’s phrase in one of our conversations. Zev is a very good conversation partner and I am a good listener. :)

Books do not give you Wisdom. Another Zev’s phrases.

Nothing works when there are so many Chiefs and none Indians. Zev’s phrase. I believe that Argentinean people have to think about that.

It is like put the car before the horse. We can use this phrase to mean that you do not have to hurry and you must live step by step.

You can bring the horse the water but you can’t make him to drink. Kristina told us this phrase in our library information session. She wanted to say: “now you should look for the books and read them!”

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin